Monday, November 9, 2009

Thanksgiving Menu

I love Thanksgiving! I was always lucky enough to attend the Hollingsworth family Thanksgiving feast at my Grandpa LK's house. That was one of my favorite days of the year. The food was amazing and spending time with Hollingsworths is always a party. I'm a little nervous about this year's Thanksgiving because . . . get excited . . . I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Yikes! Jeff and I are excited to have his parents come down for a few days to celebrate with us. Here's what I have on the menu:

Turkey and Stuffing
Pulled Pork (Anyone in the Hollingsworth family will understand why I want pork on Thanksgiving!)
Green Beans -Southern style of course
Mashed Potatoes
Cookie Salad - I don't know what this is really called. It's something Jeff's family has a lot, and it's delicious
Sweet potato casserole
Rolls
Apple Pie
Some kind of chocolate dessert - any ideas??

I just hope I can pull this off :)

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I would definitely go for the pulled pork over turkey any day! mmmm... Although I do like the stuffing...we usually just make stove top though :)

    Good luck with the cooking!I'm sure it will be delicious! I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! We'll have to have a Rains family reunion one of these days! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, I'm sure you and Jeff will do a good job on the Thanksgiving meal. I hate ya'll can't be here in time for the Hollingsworth gathering at my house but hope we get to see you while you are here on the east coast. Your wreath looks great. You can be crafty if you take the time. It's in your genes you just have to bring it out.

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete