Saturday, August 13, 2011

Life Lesson

For the past few months I have been following the blog and facebook of a friend of mine from college. Her baby, who is a day younger than Austin, needed a liver transplant. I read everyday to get the update on how Ruby was doing. I was always amazed at Ani's faith. She never gave up. She would talk about how blessed she was when she got to take Ruby home from the hospital for a few days or even just hold her without her being hooked up to all the hospital monitors. When I woke up on Friday and read that Ruby had passed away, my heart just ached for her family. I cannot imagine the pain they must feel. But on her latest blog, Ani said how grateful she is for the knowledge of Eternal families. Her perspective and attitude throughout this unimaginable trial has be so inspiring for me. The past few days I have been hugging Austin a little tighter, holding him longer, and telling him I love him over and over again. I am so grateful for him. I hope I can always remember to show him how much I love him, even when life gets crazy.

1 comment: