Friday, June 15, 2012

Elmo

Several months ago my friend Bre posted a video of Elmo tap dancing that her kids really like.  Austin loved it!  It was the first time he showed any interest in cartoon characters, or cartoons in general.  I have to say , I'm so glad we saw Elmo that day.  Ever since then, Elmo has made our lives much easier.

Austin will eat pretty much anything (even broccoli) - IF he can use his Elmo fork or spoon.

Right before bed we clean up Austin's toys  and read a few books.  Austin usually does this happily, and I think part of the reason is because when he's done with those two things he gets to watch Elmo for 10-15 minutes.  He lays on the couch so calmly and gets nice and relaxed before bed. 



Most of the time, he's happy to get in his crib because he knows Elmo will be waiting to snuggle with him.  As soon as we put him in his crib, he dives towards Elmo and gives him a big hug.  When I'm closing his door, I can usually hear him giving Elmo a kiss. 

Thank you Elmo!!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Melissa. Isn't it fun to see them get into things. Adalea's new thing is Rapunsel from the movie Tangled. It was her first real Disney movie. I still think it was a little too early to have her watch it, but it is nice that it grabs her attention enough for me to get things done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How SWEET! And helpful, too. My boys think I do a great Elmo impression - we'll let Austin judge when you're in NC later this summer!

    ReplyDelete